Skip directly to content

Save Money Using Your Pressure Cooker

Recaptcha-Scripts

• Save Money Using Your Pressure Cooker
    Posted on May 29, 2018

The other day I was able to buy a pork roast on sale. The roast weighed 3 ½ pounds. Well there are only two of us here! A lot of pork! Here is my solution.

I cut off about ½ pound and put it in the freezer. Then I put the rest in the pressure cooker - http://Www.homeclick.com/web/search/search.aspx?Ntt=pressure%20cooker with 1 ½ cups of water, a couple of limes and a little salt and pepper. I pressured it on high, I have an electric pressure cooker, for 55 minutes.

If you have any sort of questions pertaining to where and how you can use pressure cooker compare - http://mybestpressurecooker.com/ , you could call us at the page. When it was done, I let the pressure go down naturally. Removing the meat from the cooker I shredded ¾ of it. I put two freezer bags of shredded meat and the whole piece in another bag and put them in the freezer. I ended up with meat portions for 5 meals, a great savings!

For supper that night I used the remaining shredded meat and pan broiled it for a few minutes. I made tacos out of it with corn tortillas, chopped tomatoes, onions that were just caramelized in a little olive oil, and lettuce. A little cilantro, salsa and sour cream finished it off. It was delicious!

As you can see there are many ways you can save money by using a pressure cooker. You can even cook up a meal twice as big as you need and freeze half of it for later. You can take advantage of sales. I often do this especially when vegetables and fruits are in season. In a future article I will discuss the many ways you can use fresh produce in season. It is way too expensive when it is out of season.

Something else, try to use local as much as you can. Local food is fresh, picked when ripe not when it is still green. Buy grass fed meat when you can, I know some of these things may seem more expensive, but if we all begin to use these products the price will come down and it will be good for our economy and the job market as well. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox!