Skip directly to content

All About Conor Mcgregor Supplements

Recaptcha-Scripts

• All About Conor Mcgregor Supplements
    Posted on August 12, 2018

Conor Mcgregor Supplements - https://planetsupplement.com/conor-mcgregor-supplements/

Perfecting a fighter's diet may take months of testing and trialing ahead of an event. So, how can this Irishman ensure his diet is preparing him for a fight?

"We concentrate on food for performance," McGregor has said previously. "Giving my body exactly what it needs for the physical instruction. My diet is generally pretty consistent whether I am training for a particular fight or not."

Harley Street Clinical and Sports Dietitian Rick Miller has worked with several battle sports athletes. He insists their diet has to be rigorously maintained throughout the year. "Their diets are based on good habits," he says. "It isn't a fad or a crash diet, it is a lifestyle."

What exactly does McGregor's diet look like? "I do not eat a lot of carbs - should I do it is something such as sweet potatoes," he advised AskMen.com. "I eat good meat - poultry, salmon, some steak - and a great deal of quality greens and a few fruits such as bananas. I eat eggs an omelet with my Americano for a late breakfast or brunch. Getting enough protein is equally significant when I train, to help build muscle and recover, so I'll supplement with protein shakes. I drink mostly water or coconut water. It is important to stay hydrated - first thing I do in the daytime is stretch and drink water."

Miller claims fighter's diet should match the energy demands of their training which could change from week to week.

Here are the key pointers to consider.

Up your daily protein intake

Martial arts athletes require a medium to high protein diet to construct and maintain their lean muscle mass. Muscle requires energy constantly and when an athlete does not consume sufficient protein, they can lose muscle -- which is particularly bad for a fighter who is based on strength to succeed.

Stick for a five-a-day

The nutrients, antioxidants and minerals found in fruits and vegetables aid repair and recovery and add essential fiber necessary in every diet. They are essential constituents of a healthy diet which can enhance wellbeing of an athlete's career.

Control Vitamin consumption

A zero carbohydrate diet as McGregor describers doesn't suit everyone. Carbohydrates in the form of wholemeal bread or cereal and root vegetables are valuable since they provide slow release energy which aids a fighter function and assists brain functions.

The usage of carbs varies hugely between training so there will be things in their training that athletes require less, and times they need more.

Stay hydrated

Water impacts all body tissues, including round the mind that affects cognitive function. At least two litres should be consumed throughout the day.

When boxers are trying to'make weight', it's common that they will sweat themselves to get rid of water weight. This works to a point but needs to be handled very carefully. Should they become too dehydrated, often it takes a very long time to rehydrate their own bodies, which will hugely impact their performance.

"During training, we work out their average'sweat rate' so we know precisely how much water their body needs so they won't over-drink," explains Miller.

Healthy fats are in

Walnuts, olive oil, avocado along with other sources of healthy fats help the body to recover faster by reducing inflammation. In boxing, blows to the head and concussion are a real concern. Supplements like protein shakes as McGregor mentions, a joint health supplement and carbohydrate recovery beverages before or after training can be quite beneficial.

Get serious about supplements

A good, healthful diet should be the first priority. But a lot of athletes reach a point where their body needs more nutrients than they can consume through their diet.

Supplements ought to be a temporary measure, used in combination with their training plan. Protein shakes, hydration joint supplements and carbohydrate healing beverages before or after training can be really beneficial.

The main goal of a combat game athlete's diet is to build and keep muscle, supply enough energy for performance and training, while keeping weight to a minimum. This, along with a rigorous training programme, can leave the human body in peak condition for a struggle.

Read More About Conor Mcgregor Supplements - https://planetsupplement.com/conor-mcgregor-supplements/